Search Cloud -- Medline Plus
Here are some links to news sources that discuss health issues. These help keep one up-to-date on topics, but often further research is needed.
Medical Research Websites
Top 10 Consumer Health Websites
As ranked by the Medical Library Association.
General Health Sites
Evaluating Health Information
It is always important to assess the website or material used rwhen learning about health information. Below are several links to assist you in learning what to ask and look for when learning about health topics.
- Check the Date
- Better medical sites give date
- No date? Don't trust figures the page calls "current"
- Check the Source
- Writer's name listed? Google the name to see who they are.
- Medical information backs informaton with sources and bibliographies
- Check the Publisher
- Do you recognize the agency?
- Read the "about us" section.
- Be aware of advertising.
Excellent Medical Sites
Making Health Choices
Resources discussing what health fraud is, preventing being a victim, and overall general information on the topic.